Welcome to the California Education and the Environment Initiative
The Education and the Environment Initiative (EEI) is a free K-12 curriculum that teaches critical skills in science and history-social science using environmental topics, such as water and energy, as a lens.
Environment-based instruction makes learning relevant and fun for students by engaging them in topics they care about – the air they breathe, the water they drink, and the food they eat. All content is California State Board of Education-approved and helps support Common Core and Next Generation Science Standards. Use the free EEI Curriculum to build your students’ understanding of their relationship to the environment today and prepare them to be critical thinkers and 21st century problem solvers.
Top 5 Reasons to Use EEI:
1. It's engaging.
3. Supports Common Core and Next Generation Science Standards.
4. Convenient training options.
5. It's free!
Want to bring EEI to your school? Get started now!
Join the EEI Community
Request free online access to all 85 units of the EEI curriculum.
Try EEI Today!
- Availability of Free Printed Student Material Kits
- California’s Blueprint for Environmental Literacy
- How to Order Free EEI Materials
- NOW AVAILABLE - Common Core Correlation Guides
- EEI Training Webinars Now On Demand