Welcome to the California Education and the Environment Initiative
The Education and the Environment Initiative (EEI) is a free, state-sponsored K-12 curriculum that teaches science and history-social science standards through an environmental lens.
Environment-based instruction makes learning relevant and fun for students by engaging them in topics they care about – the air they breathe, the water they drink, and the food they eat. EEI helps students understand their relationship to the environment while preparing them to be critical thinkers and 21st century problem solvers.
Top 5 Reasons to Use EEI:
1. It's engaging.
3. Supports Common Core.
4. Convenient training options.
5. It's free!
Want to bring EEI to your school? Get started now!
Join the EEI Community
Request free online access to all 85 units of the EEI curriculum.
Try EEI Today!
- California’s Blueprint for Environmental Literacy
- EEI Live! Fall 2015 Webinar Sessions
- Reorder Student Materials for Back To School
- How to Order Free EEI Materials
- NOW AVAILABLE - Common Core Correlation Guides
- EEI Training Webinars Now On Demand