Welcome to the California Education and the Environment Initiative (EEI)!
The Education and the Environment (EEI) Curriculum teaches to mastery select K-12 California academic content standards in Science and History-Social Science, using the environment as a context for learning. Through your commitment to increasing environmental literacy, we can help students become critical thinkers, informed decision makers, and leaders for the future.
This program has multiple documents in PDF form for you to download and view. You may need to install Adobe Reader to be able to access them. Get the latest version of Adobe Reader here: http://www.adobe.com/products/reader.html.
Use the EEI Curriculum to:
- Replace old lessons with new, up-to-date materials that engage your students in topics that matter to them - the air they breathe, the water they drink, the food they eat.
- Cultivate your students' understanding of their relationship with the environment.
- Make learning relevant and fun!
- Prepare your students to be critical thinkers and 21st century problem solvers.
- Encourage your students to be responsible stewards of the earth.
- Teach History-Social Science and Science standards to mastery, and support California ELA and California Common Core standards for ELA and Literacy (K-12)
Get all the latest news on EEI!